Four more sleeps. That’s it! Then the greatest show on Earth begins! 🌏🌱☘️
Today’s video brings you five different aspects of match strategy from the 2018 Wimebledon Women’s Quarter-Final between Julie Goerges & Kiki Bertens. I want to identify these layers for you, so that you can better understand match strategy at Wimbledon this year, and also improve your own game!
The five layers in the match preview video are:
1: Run-Around Forehands Have 3 Big Advantages.
- Upgrade (from backhand to forehand).
- Double (double the target area – Deuce Ct & Ad Ct).
- Freeze (The run-around forehand has natural disguise).
2: Court Position
- Feel the magentism of the baseline. Do everything you can to not get pushed back too far.
3: Drop Shots
- How to counter your opponent’s drop shot (with another cheeky drop shot).
4: Return Direction
- Best return location to force an error & have an ideal Return +1 forehand.
5: Wide Running Defensive Forehands
- Where you should target when the ball gets wide and behind you.
Here’s the video!
2018 Wimbledon Women’s Qtr Final Preview: Bertens v Goerges