It’s Monday. Wimbledon starts NEXT Monday. 🥳🎉
Today’s analysis focuses on two videos from the 2018 Wimbledon Women’s quarter final between Angelique Kerber and Daria Kasatkina. Kerber won a very tightly contested match 6-3, 7-5, and went on to take the title.
The first video features is just 3:35 long and focuses on the following strategy elements:
- The backhand cage.
- When you should venture to the net to finish the point.
- The right place to hit a drop shot from.
- The correct technique for a high forehand volley.
2018 Wimbledon: Play Of The Day (3:35)
The main focus is on:
- Where to hit backhand passing shots when you are on defense.
- Where to hit backhand approaches (to the opponent’s forehand or backhand passing shot).
- Opponent awareness when hitting an approach shot.
- The best drop shot to hit (forehand or backhand) & where to hit it from.
- When to hit behind an opponent.
2018 Wimbledon: Kerber v Kasatkina Preview (6:51)
See you tomorrow,