Welcome to the Brain Game Tennis 2019 Wimbledon countdown!
Each day for the next two weeks I will be priming you for the greatest tournament of them all with highlights from my work in previous years as the strategy analyst for The Wimbledon Channel.
What will you find in the videos?
- Insights into pro patterns of play.
- Interviews with players.
- Strategy breakdown with telestator tools.
- My amazing sense of humour! 😆
Below is the first video, which is a preview of the Kevin Anderson vs. John Isner semi-final in 2018. Anderson won the titanic battle 7-6(6), 6-7(5), 6-7(9), 6-4, 26-24.
VIDEO: ISNER v ANDERSON BREAKDOWN
0 min :22 sec – Dallas, Texas 2010. Breakfast with Kevin Anderson. Reviewing a loss (and his three Fs).
4 min 08 sec – University of Georgia presentation with John Isner.
5min 42 sec – Isner Telestrator Analysis:
- Isner’s run-around forehand direction
- 1st volley strategy
- The super easy approach direction
- Backhand passing shot down the line on match point
10 min 5 sec – Anderson Telestrator Analysis
- Match point vs. Roger Federer in the quarters
- Body serves
I hope you enjoyed the video and I look forward to bringing you more insightful analysis tomorrow.
All the best,